Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pink shirts, 007 fires, and zombie dances

24 hours have passed since I have checked my Facebook! *applause*


So far I have realized that I use facebook/the computer as an outlet when I get frustrated, or bored. And the thing I miss most about facebook, honestly, is just updating my status and reading the comments. Friday was such an epic day, and things kept happening that I immediately thought would make a great facebook status, but I couldn't update! :( 

Things such as the following stories:::


Pink Shirts
My afternoon started out by going thrift store shopping with my brother Josiah. Goodwill had tons of clothes his size and I kid you not, I couldn't carry all of them myself. I had 2 baskets of stuff for him to try on, and he tried it all on(that's a boy after my own heart)! Now for the record, I do not pick items on the racks unless they are a name brand, or just hilarious. Everything he tried on was either Aeropostale, American Eagle, Hollister, or Abercrombie. I plopped myself down in some little sheepy chair, in front of the dressing rooms, with three piles of clothes in front of me: 1-YES. 2-NO. 3-MAYBE. Josiah ended the trip with 2 pairs of pants and a few shirts, one of which is a PINK POLO--that he actually is going to wear!!!!!!!!!!!! ....I mean I did sit on the floor and beg him to get it, with the help of some guy who told him that "real men have enough confidence in themselves that pink is just another color."  BUT HE STILL GOT IT!!! :D


Fryer, VeggieTales, and just 'doin yo thang'
Also known as the Variety Show at Shalom. Which was hilarious! I could devote an entire post to this show, but I'm not. There was Skillet impersonations, Sillysongs with Larry, dances, music video and lots of laughs! 
And the best part...friends and CAMP PEOPLE!! It's been almost 3 months since summer camp ended and I still get so excited when I see members of my 'staff family'. You'd think after working with them all summer I'd never want to see them again! haha. But truth be told, we are a family and I love hanging out with these cool people! 
..............

Grantley:"Guys, we're having a 007 fire!!" 
*collective H-whhaatt?? from the rest of us*
Grantley: "It's a BONDfire...haha like James Bond...007.."  


haha. He's a funny one. :)


But yes, a BONDfire it was. We call them BONDfires because it bonds our friendships together. The random fires we have at Kristi's house are becoming some of the highlights of my year. We decided to have a fire, because it was cold outside....and "Little Skrobie" assured us he could start it with one match, because him and Joel did it all summer.  
He did. 
We had cookies, muffins, s'mores, and great conversations about camp, soccer, and Grantley. It turns out it was his birthday!!! We did sing to him too. In manly voices. :)

Smoke follows beauty...and it loved Grantley...*insert zombie dance* "yeah it does!"

But in all seriousness, there's just something about campfires/BONDfires...whatever you call them...that make this time of year extra special. We made friendships over the summer and worked together, lived together, ate together, sweated together, and pretty much became a family. Getting together later and just hanging out...those friendships aren't fake. We still have just as much fun!! 
That's something you can't get from facebook. Quality time, with amazing people, sitting in front of a fire, roasting your toes. On Facebook you only get to see what your friends WANT you to see. It's in real life when you see WHO your friends are. What makes them...them.

There are many types of ships. Wooden ships, plastic ships, and metal ships. But the best and most important ships are FRIENDSHIPS.











1 comment:

  1. Chica, just wanted to you to know that I love reading what you write. I love the way you can express yourself through words. It's definitely a gift. Have an incredibly blessed day! <3

    -Hannah

    ReplyDelete