Saturday, October 9, 2010

aahhccchhhoo. croak croak. *sigh* Hello Fall.

Before I go any farther, a word of wisdom: DO NOT WALK OUTSIDE IN 40 DEGREE WEATHER IN THE RAIN WITHOUT A COAT OR SHOES! YOU WILL WAKE UP WITH A FROG IN YOUR THOAT!

Hello beautiful fall weather.   :)
Fall is hands down my favorite time of year! Barn parties, apple cider, BONDfires, crunching leaves, the smell, the crispness of the blue sky. Beautiful.
BUT the thing I don't like is when the weather changes everyday. Like 50 one day 80 the next. HOW am I supposed to pack for next week when I don't know how the weather is going to react. Is the 50 degree day gonna be a hot 50 or a damp 50? Ugh. I came to the consensus that I will just pack double the amount of clothes and go day by day. 


Today, you should hear me. I am a new type of animal. The Sheepfrog. Yes. I sound like a mix between a sheep and a croaking frog. I'm popping cough drops like they are drugs and I've had cups of tea...without honey BECAUSE SOMEONE USED ALL MY HONEY WHILE I WAS GONE!  :(
I should not attribute my voice only to the weather. Last night was a Coffee House at my home church. 
Random note: oddly, decaf coffee seems to affect me more than the caffeinated stuff. hahaha.
To start the evening out, Aaron Amstutz was preforming 'social experiments'  on people at our table. Such as switching cups, changing seats every time someone got up and so forth. It was good to laugh!! It's also good to play games like Uno!! Especially when I finally beat Walisa after 4 games! I'm also glad I won, because I said I would beat her if it was the last thing I did. 
It wasn't.
I learned a new game: Bohnanza, or 'THE BEAN GAME!!!!!!' as Chevy calls it. Basically you trade and plant beans. It may sound boring, but it is really tons of fun! And everyone sorta works together, but in order to get what they want for themselves. I'm thinking it will be the new game of the year. 
Stephanie and I both wanted to get to bed at a decent hour so we headed out after only one round of Bohnanza. Well Steph left...I talked to Dave(the other D word...haha), the assistant pastor, for a good 45 minutes about my life.
Guys I am soooooo blessed! You have no idea! Like seriously, as I was telling Dave all about the different things God's been doing...even though they may not seem extremely big...wow... God you are amazing! Right down to having a snowboarding buddy for the winter(hopefully)!!! And it's cool because I may not know where God is taking me, or what He's calling me to, but I am seeing Him work in my life every single day. And I know I'm where He wants me right now. I don't exactly know WHY. But I will someday.  :)

I'm gonna go grab another cough drop and some more tea. 
God Bless. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment