Friday, October 29, 2010

Life has it's ups and downs.....sorta like a roller coaster.

  Most of you know that I, Victoria Utermoehlen, will find something to smile about in every situation no matter how discouraging it might be. 
  
   I'll be honest-this week has been hard! It was almost like I was on a spiritual high, maybe even a mountain top experience over the weekend and by yesterday I was in the pits!

    It was so nice to get away from Pennsylvania for 4 days! And even with the whole "check engine" situation, it was totally worth it.
....Did I mention that Monday I tutored 3 kids in Latin, baked cookies, jumped on the trampoline, had a tea party while wearing a lacy old lady hat, and finished my first ever friendship bracelet and enjoyed one of the prettiest sunsets I've seen all month(bad thing when you're driving).  I even made it home the back way, in the dark, without getting directions?! Thank you, God for a decent sense of direction!
    Tuesday dawned and Victoria was not ready. Chasing 9 kids around all weekend and staying up till 2am and driving over 8 hours works on one's body when they have to get up for work. GGAAH! Then computer problems at work made it worse. And I almost forgot to turn in my check for the missions trip to the Dominican Republic in January!
Wednesday morning I forgot my house key! Left it in my pants from the night before! Seriously!! I was locked out of the house for an hour and by the time I drove to MennoHaven, waited for Stephanie to get off break to bring me her key and drove back to the Van Kampens....they were home! Haha! Gotta love it...I should have just played on the swings. 
Thursday-the final straw. I overslept. And actually got into a FIGHT(yes, things like this actually happen) with Steph....over when to do the chores! Seriously! How stupid can we be!?!?!? I was so frustrated and tired and irritaed that my plans were not going the way I wanted them to. I went to the office. My mom texted me and wanted me to check my email, because it was urgent. YEAH IT WAS! My sister Rochelle got shot in the eye with an airsoft pellet and was in the eye docter getting it checked out. Apparently she couldn't see much out of it and stuff. I don't really know all the details yet, but I about collasped. What else could go wrong!? I could have a half blind sister! <--ok I was overreacting just a little.
    Ever get to the point where you feel like your whole world is spinning and crashing around you. So overwhelming that you start to shake? Yep that was me. Do you also ever notice that it's usually not till we can't do it on our own that we decide it would be a good time to pray. Haha...I wonder why I can be so dumb somedays?!

Let's change the mindset here. PRAYER. Surrender. Two things essential for a 'christian's' life!
Turns out Rochelle just has bascially like a bruise on her eye. 2 kinds of eye drops, cool compresses, NO PHYSICAL activity till Tuesday. Guess that means she'll be vegging in front of the TV this weekend.
Steph and I are back to being attached at the hip. Nothing that a good talk at C&C Coffee Company whilst enjoying mochas and latte's couldn't fix.  And I'm glad we got it worked out, because the rest of the day would have been crap.

So lets end this by saying all the good things that happened this week(so you can thank God with me)....
*The check engine light turned off! haha.
* I'm going to the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC in January!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I ended up only having to pay half of it! YAY JESUS!!!!!!!
* Six games of pool later and you really can't think of anything else except the 8 ball! haha! I am inproving my game....sorta...
"What a friend she is, making me talk to myself......heh heh...I crack myself up..." -Steph Eshleman folding her clothes while I was trying to sleep.   [We're making a quote board next week]
* Things like apple crisp, ice cream and cool whip! 
* Laughs. Sunshine.
* The supper table conversation Thursday night. <--somethings can be left unsaid.....:)

..............
* BLOKUS! Oh my goodness!!! I Love this game so much I want it for Christmas!!!!!!!! I think we played 10 games last night. I even stayed up late to keep playing!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!!! SO much fun!!!!!!! Steph randomly asked if I wanted to play, because neither of us had played before....saying Yes was the best decision of my day(well maybe 2 best, after deciding to give my frustration over to God)!!!!!!!!
*And tonight I'm actually having a girls night! It's been a while. A long while since this has happened! I'm excited!

In ending, my advice....don't get so caught up in the frustrations of life. They're like a roller coaster. It lasts maybe a minute. It's not worth the stress of worrying about it. It'll be over sooner than you think.  Let go of the bar, stick your hands in the air and enjoy the ride!

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Victoria...I cried reading your post...I miss you soo much! I feel like my life is a rollar coaster right now, and it's just soooo blah! I'm having a hard time writing a list of blessings...but I know God is ALWAYS good, and I'm trying to hold onto his promises, I wish I could be with ya'll tonight for girls night, I love you!!
    ~Winnie

    ReplyDelete