Thursday, September 30, 2010

*GASP* No FACEBOOK...and pumpkin whoopie pies...



I've been doing some thinking recently. What are my priorites? This happened after a friend of mine texted me to say she was fasting from facebook and other media for and unknown amount of time, so she could focus on God more. I thought that such a wonderful idea..but I didn't think I could do it. Seriously? So I thought about it...and thought about it...and thought about it...and prayed about it...and decided that yes, I will do this.

So from October 1-31, Victoria Utermoehlen will NOT be on facebook!

Honestly, I don't think it's gonna be that hard, although I know somedays it will be crazy, but God will help me through it! :)
I'll still be updating this blog, because I am anticipating lots of new revelations from God while I'm spending more time with him and of course I'll want to share them!
......................

On to a more cheerful topic.
I'm now addicted. To SLR cameras with macro lenses. End of story. I've been trying to decide which I want more: a macbook pro, or Nikon camera.....with macro lens. THE CAMERA it is! There's no denying it now! I'm in love!!!!!! ♥
I got to take the work camera out yesterday(and today...and over the weekend), to get pictures regarding water. Oh my was it ever fun! I'm going to post some of my favorites below:



I did edit this one.
                                                   







My evening began by helping Nina clean the house and prepare supper for guests. I helped make cole slaw. AND it actually tasted really good...considering I usually don't like cole slaw! :) There were 2 exchange students from a local college...one from Ireland!
OH MY did I EVER LOVE HER ACCENT!
One day I will go to Ireland!

When everyone left, I just chilled alone for about an hour. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I loved being alone. The silence was so relaxing. And spending time alone with God is becoming something I look forward too. YAY!

 When the Van Kampens got back, Sara and I dove into a new adventure: pumpkin whoopie pies! I'm pretty sure this was the first time I've baked something since before summer. And for the record-the whoopie pies were amazing!!


After such a fun filled day; believe me, I slept like a baby.

Now that I've briefed you on my glorious Wednesday, I must get out into this rain and get some more pictures and video. I love my job. haha.

God Bless
   

No comments:

Post a Comment