Monday, October 18, 2010

Chainsaws and Christmas

Even as I'm typing this, Christmas music is already playing in the Utermoehlen household. Tradition is that the day after dad's birthday is the day we can start listening to Christmas music. By Christmas I am so tired of hearing the same songs over and over again, but somehow when October 17th rolls around and we start talking about our Christmas playlist, I get excited all over again. Songs like Home for the Holidays, and Elvis's Blue Christmas bring a smile to my face. And there's the Boston Pops version of Sleigh ride, and Linus and Lucy and who could forget Bing Crosby's White Christmas!? Oh boy, I'm getting excited for the winter season! I realized this morning that in 8 weeks, I'll be tearing up the snow on the slopes of Whitetail and working on jumping ramps! 

With winter coming sooner than we think, the job of cutting firewood is in full swing..haha yeah cause you gotta swing the ax! :) Today I added another 'firsts' to my ever growing list. Using a chainsaw. 

 It's harder than it looks! I doubt I'll use one very often, I'll stick with the assembly line and stacking part of the job. :) Chainsaws still kinda scare me......



2 comments:

  1. Victoria you are very brave to use a chain saw.
    Chain saws scare me!!! Take care! I enjoy reading your thoughts. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of your dad holding his head while you are cutting wood...hehe

    ReplyDelete