Sunday, October 3, 2010

Simply Silly Sundays.

Sometimes I wonder about my family's sanity...but I love every minute of it! It's a rarity for us to be home together, so when we are, it's very entertaining. 

The setting is the family room. Mom and Josiah were telling us about their day in Palmyra for Josiah's baseball tournament. 

Josiah: Yeah, mom tried to get me to go to Sonic, but I didn't want to go with someone 'not experienced' with that type of restaurant.
Dad and me: WHAT!!! HOW COULD YOU NOT WANT TO GO TO SONIC!!??!??!
Dad: I would have been all over that, drive in restaurant, where cute girls come out on roller skates with your food. Oh man. :)
Mom: Honey, you shouldn't be putting those ideas in his head.
Dad:Well he's 16 years....14years
Mom: ...15 years..
Dad: ...15 years old, he's old enough to know what type of girl he wants.
Me: Yeah mom! Don't you want Josiah to marry someone with enough coordination and balance to be able to roller skate?!?
*Dad falls off couch laughing*
.........

Me: Mom, Mom, Mom! Random story! So last night at Kristi's we were talking to Matt Chen about Taiwan..:
Kristi:Do you guys have marshmallows in Taiwan?
Matt: yes..but we can't have fires like this.
Me:What?! You can't have fire's in Taiwan?
Matt: I live in the city.
Kristi and me: Oh. Makes sense.
AJ: Oh, do you live in Tokyo?!
*Kristi and me fall over in a fit of laughter*


Mom: hahahahahahahahahaha! Poor AJ.


..........
Mom got some microwavable cookies and I was getting ready to cook them. The directions said "roll bag and seal" "cook for 4-5 minutes"
So I stick the bag in the microwave and start the timer for 3:26. About 1:30 into it, I pulled it out to check it. The cookies were soft and hot and kinda weird. They were done, so I brought them over to mom.
Mom: Victoria! What are you doing?! You're supposed to take the cookies out of the bag! 
Me: Nah uh! Look it says right here.."roll up the bag"
Mom: That's the storing directions if you don't eat all the cookies!
Me: Ohh well then why the hec was I supposed to cook them for 4 minutes....(looks at package)..OH wait, it says cook at 350 for 4 minutes! That's not the microwave directions!! :) HAHAHAHA! Yes, even I can have a 'blonde' moment. 

.....
Family. Can't live without them. I am so thankful for the whacked out family that God gave me. My life is never boring, that's for sure! And my reason for telling you just a few of this evening's stories(if you want to hear the dream i had, you'll have to ask me in person...i can't type that one out and it have the same humor to it) is because I'm enjoying family time. Instead of sitting on facebook all night, I actually sat down and chilled with my parents and sibs. We don't get to do that much anymore, because we're all so busy. Makes me miss being a little kid, of course our family conversations are twice as hilarious now that there are 4 teenagers in the house. :)

I leave you with two things:::

 
The boy was tired and chilly. Pink hearts look good on him! haha.


And lastly, Britt got home from his hike and was telling us stories. He bursts out with "OHHH I have a great FACEBOOK status!!"

Me: Your mom eats facebook for breakfast. 

Both mom and dad proceed to look oddly at me and snicker...then laugh. Realizing what I said, and that it made NO SENSE whatsoever...I just lost it. :)




I hope you got at least 1 laugh out of my adventures in the last 2 hours! 
God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment