Tuesday, October 5, 2010

To Make a Father Proud

It's Saturday evening, and I'm sitting on a pile of dirty laundry in the middle of my bedroom floor(hey when you don't have a chair, ya gotta improvise). I was playing guitar to keep myself from going crazy waiting for AJ to pick  me up for the Shalom homecoming game. Recently, I've been working on making smooth transitions between songs and finding songs within the same key that sound good together when transitioned into. Fun stuff right?! :)
ANYHOW.
I was playing Chris Tomlin's:Our God and just having a ton of fun jamming out. All of a sudden, Daniel comes running into my room and says "Dad wants you!!".  I was a little worried, and totally thought I was busted and in trouble for something. As I walked down the hall, I thought of any and every possible thing I could be getting in trouble for, or asked to do...
 
When I walked into my parents room, dad was sitting there with a huge smile on his face and says: "THAT guitar playing was good. Very good! Full of life. You are starting to hear the sounds and rhythms. Excellent. You're becoming quite the guitar player."
I couldn't help but smile at that one, especially because I've always considered my dad an amazing guitar player and I doubt I'll ever reach the same skill as he. Needless to say, it makes me proud of myself in a way, when I play guitar knowing that dad thinks it's good, even if I get frustrated because it doesn't sound the way I want it to, or my chord transitions are choppy. I know other people don't hear that stuff.

If my earthly father can be proud of me for using my gifts, HOW MUCH MORE is my heavenly father proud of me for using my gifts to bring glory and praise to Him!?  I just imagined Him sitting up there on his glorious throne, looking down on me with a hugemungous(if that's a word) smile on his face and saying "Everyone come look at this, look how she's using her talents! See what she can do if she does is for me!  I am so proud of you for taking what I have given you and using it for me! You make me smile." :)

So the question I'm posing today: AM I using my gifts for God's glory??


Are we living to make our Father proud?

No comments:

Post a Comment