Saturday, October 16, 2010

Note for the future: take the key out of the ignition!

 The guard took me to the interrogation room. As I walked, a thousand questions rolled over in my mind, the most ominous "Why do they want to talk to me?" "What have I done?"....

As I entered, they stared at me. Three odd looking gentlemen, with stern looks on their faces. I was in for it! My insides were shaking with fear, but I had to keep composed. I HAD to! 

"Kneel!" they said.  

I was on my knees in 5 seconds, staring at the three men. The three judges.

SUDDENLY they spoke...


"We are three solemn judges.." said the first.

"We demand honesty for an answer.." said the middle one.


The man on the right jumped at me, with eyes that struck terror into my very soul and shouted into my face "WHO IS YOUR TRUE LOVE!?"

With all the courage I could muster, and trying to keep as straight a face as I could,  I looked Owen straight in the eyes and said "You are Owen." :D


Hahaha! Oh how I crack myself up! I didn't want to say Jesus(even though He is my true love), everyone else seemed to use that. Church kids. Hah. And being I didn't know what the answer was, I had a brilliant 2 second idea. :)

 The Hawbaker Harvest Hoedown. Probably the biggest christian barn party in Franklin Co.  And something I've been looking forward to for weeks! Barn parties are my favorite fall activity, and what could be better then when a bunch of friends get together for a hay maze, campfire, barn games and a hay ride where they throw dog food at you!? Ah yes. Good times! 
It was great getting to see so many people I haven't seen in long while. I didn't get to talk to all of them, but I did pretty good. :)
Wink'ems was in the mix again this year. Oh how I love that game, even though today my entire torso hurts from being tackled and tackled and....tackled again trying to escape from my partner.  But it's all good.

The hay ride was memorable as well, talking with Steph, Caleb, Olivia and Josiah(along with the 10000 other people smashed into the wagon). Caleb was quite the entertainment as we drove along at 2mph, wondering if the tractor would make it up the next hill. We got lollipops thrown at us as well as dog food. Dog food-this was my favorite part of the ride, as we watched Caleb eat a piece then exclaim "HOW DO DOGS EAT THIS STUFF?" :)

Chad threw me into a calf house after I slapped him for no reason. That was fun. HAH. :P The campfire was warm yes, but for some reason it burned my eyes so bad! I've never been at a fire that burned my eyes before! Odd. Olivia and I made the best of it by having an emotional breakdown and making a song for the smoke.  ;) I enjoyed getting to know her better and I have a feeling we'll be having a few more adventures this coming year!

Friday was a spectacular day! As it marked the half-way point for my Facebook fast. Wow, this is going faster than I thought....and it's getting so much easier! 
     Before I go, I would like to share the news that I GOT TO RIDE THE ROPE SWING yesterday!!!! Stephanie brought Ben back for the barn party and I made use of this to get a ride on my favorite swing in the whole wide world!


And...I managed to pull Steph(although it wasn't good), without falling down the hill! More practice to come. :)



This morning as we were leaving, I noticed that my radio was on in my car. NOT GOOD! Apparently I had left my key in the ignition for almost 24 hours!!! I NEVER LEAVE MY KEY IN THE IGNITION!! <--there's a first time for everything. ........so I had my first experience with jumper cables this morning. haha.  



God Bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment