Thursday, October 7, 2010

Apple crisp, Irish people, molasses cookies and Oria 15!

Tuesday evening began with the following:

24 apples
9 cups of oatmeal
Lots of honey.
YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO THINLY SLICE 24 APPLES!?!?! Well, I don't know exactly how long it took, but it seemed like forever! I felt like I was in rehab. JUST KIDDING. I enjoyed most of the slicing, except when I missed the apple and got my finger. Not so good. And the radio was on so I could sing while I worked. Better yet..I knew the majority of the songs! And Claude even played Our God...yes I personally know one of our local christian radio station's DJ's. :)
We decided to triple the recipe and make 3 pans of Apple Crisp. Well needless to say, the 24 apples I cut up filled 5 pans instead of 3!
But it's good, because I like apple crisp for breakfast....lunch....or supper....maybe snack time in between too.
This apple crisp is different however. It's made without sugar. We used honey instead! Which is fine by me, because I love apples and honey, chicken nuggets and honey, toast and honey, plain honey. I don't like honey cough drops though!
The apple crisp tasted just right. The apples weren't too soft or too crispy. Delicious.

   
  Wednesday is becoming my favorite day of the week. We eat supper with 2 foreign exchange students and whoever else shows up. Did I already mention that one is from Ireland! Oh HOW I'M FALLING MADLY IN LOVE WITH THE IRISH ACCENT!! It's been really cool to get to know how things are different in our countries too. :)
Last night was an especially fun night. After church, Sara and I decided to do some baking. More pumpkin whoopie pies and molasses cookies! We didn't get pumpkin at our trip to Giant, because supposedly there was some in the pantry.
WRONG!
Eggs were also lacking.

Guess what that meant?! That's right...a trip to Grandmas house!
I'm pretty sure there's a certain scent that goes with Grandparents houses. And they always seem to have the things you need.
Armed with a can of pumpkin and some three week old eggs, we began our baking.

OH WAIT! I forgot the epic part. The new Karate Kid movie. YAY for Redbox!
....Armed with a can of pumpkin, those three week old eggs, and Karate Kid, we commensed our baking.
For the record, I think these molasses cookies are my favorite in the whole world. Not too hard, not too soft, perfect flavor. DELICIOUS.

Wow. Food has been a big part of my week. I gotta do something else exciting.....

Speaking of exciting, this morning I got to talk to my Oria 15 twin: Gloria Showalter!!!!! Bascially it made my day to catch up on eachothers lives on different continents. Even more than anticipating the CASHS Soccer game tonight. :) Today has been and WILL BE a good day!

God Bless.♥

No comments:

Post a Comment