Friday, December 3, 2010

Who put matches in the dishwasher?

My apologies for not writing sooner, it's been pretty hectic in my mind recently. And alot has happened since the last time I wrote.


First-it's good to be back in my house of solitude! I was kind of sad that Joel was back for thanksgiving break, because it meant that I wouldn't be at his house! Haha! I know--I can be sooo pathetic sometimes! I was so excited to go back on Saturday, even though it was weird walking in and NOT being able to throw my coat and purse in the guest room, because it was being occupied by Joel's roommate, Tyler, not us girls!  I felt slightly lost. haha.
But not for long, because the dishes needed washed and the kitchen was a wreck. *sigh* yes, i cleaned the kitchen while all the other youth were playing soccer and swinging on the swings. I wasn't dressed to play outside.
Saturday night we went swing dancing! I'm glad I decided to go, much much more fun than the last time I went!! It was sorta beyond words fun. :)


Sunday I went to Pastor Robinson's church in Westminister Md. African church I call it. :) And do they know how to dance! Even makes me jealous.  The speaker was from Zambia Africa, and wow, such a man of God! Church went from 6:30-11:15pm! I don't even know where to begin with the message. It was amazing, but now leaves me with so many questions and wondering where I  really am. UGH! Sometimes I hate my life! The main things I remember are the verse in 1 Peter 1:13- "Therefore prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled set your hope fully on the grace to be given  you when Jesus Christ is revealed. "  The phrase "prepare your minds for action" has been in my head all week. Our minds are a battlefield. We have to fight through all the things of man and the distractions and...well you know what I'm talking about. The challenge to prepare your mind for action has got me thinking...how much am I cultivating my mind with the things of God? So that I'm prepared for action when the battles come? 


The preacher also talked about how there are 3 kinds of relationships:
1-One time meetings.
2- Seasonal meetings.
3. Lifetime.


There are people in our lives God brings in as one time things, like a special speaker etc.
There are people who can be in our lives for a season, then they or we move on.
And there are people who are in our lives for a lifetime. 
  In my sometimes over thinking mind I started going through all the relationships I have and which ones might be which. So dumb I know! 




So that's everything I had in my mind when I went to the Van Kampens this week. And the adventures started. We have a dog this week! Rasko is his name, but I don't know if that's how it's spelled. Anyway, nicest dog ever! Princess the kitty hates him. So funny to watch her go crazy when she sees him! I like taking him out for walks, but sadly was unprepared shoe wise. Sneakers are good for dog walking. :) We really have no problems with him! 
    
Wednesday night, we skipped out on church to have a girls night at Panera with our Irish friend Sarah! So much fun just relaxing! That's one thing I miss....girls nights! So we're having more of them! Next week an ELF date at Kayla's apartment!  
  Thursday evening I began a new adventure. The painting of slate! Sara was working on an art show, painting on pieces of slate from someones roof. I myself do not have any of the artistic ability she has, but I still wanted to paint some slate because it's probably a once in a lifetime experience! I thought about it all day long, while we house cleaned the family room. What should I paint? What did I want to convey through my picture. Perfectionist at work here. I ended up painting a snowman. haha. I also painted a somewhat prophetic picture of fire and water, symbolizing the cleansing and refining that happens in a persons life when they accept Jesus.  Painting is so much fun!
During my painting break, I watched Dan fix the dishwasher! Oh, did it ever bring back memories of chilling with my daddy when he fixed cars and whatever else we broke! 


As this week comes to a close, I'm looking ahead to the month of December and realizing...it's so packed already! Thus begins the snowboarding season, christmas season, winter season, and whatever other season you want to add. I wonder where I'll go, what I'll do, and most importantly what God will teach me.......


God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment