Saturday, December 11, 2010

toeside, heelside, toeside, heelside

Anticipation ran through every vein in my body as I walked quickly to the car to put my snowpants on. 
The red paper in my coat pocket held adventures beyond imagination in its fibers.
I buckled my belt, zipped my coat and headed to get my tickets and rentals.
With boots on and bindings ready, I boarded the lift at Velvet to warm up. As I got off the lift adrenaline flowed freely through my body. I buckled my binding and started to slide. 


What's wrong with me?! What's happening to my board!? 
I fell, I crashed, and I got frustrated! 

I had to figure out why this wasn't working.
I got to the top, sat down in the snow and gave myself a peptalk.
Then I took a deep breath and stood up. 
As I went down the trail I repeated: 'Toeside turn, heelside turn, stay off the back leg, toeside turn, heelside turn...'

It worked! I didn't fall! SCORE! To Sidewinder I went. Once I got on Sidewinder, I realized the biggest reason I couldn't for the life of me go down the bunny slope was because I was turning too fast. :) OOHHH how excited that made me! 

I am ready to advance! And advance I shall! To think that I passed my level of boarding from the end of last season in one simple night!? Thank you Jesus! This will be a fun 3 months!


Hello Whitetail Season!





No comments:

Post a Comment