Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Gingerbread houses with a best friend...

Time to add another 'first' to my every growing list of things I've never done before!
That's right people...I have never made a gingerbread house!


*collective gasp from all readers who are thinking "oh that poor deprived child"*


I had the opportunity to chill with my friend Kelsey and make Gingerbread houses! It's so nice to have college friends home one Christmas Break! We used graham crackers instead of actual gingerbread, so I guess they should be called graham cracker houses...


Now that's what I'm talking about!
Anyway, so we got out all the candy and frosting and were getting ready to start, but we couldn't find the graham crackers! Someone ate them for breakfast!!!!! *gasp* :)
This catastrophe meant a trip to Food Lion, in Kelsey's supercharged Grand Prix jamming out to the Straight No Chasers Christmas cd!! <--yeah we did!




We finally had graham crackers, but then it was time to make supper. And Kelsey had to get Ethan from the barn. Oh will this gingerbread house ever get done!? I started putting my frame up and got my roof on.....then....it collapsed! I think the candy was just too heavy for the graham crackers. I then had to redesign my house and start all over again! This time, I added an extra roof support and used M&M's instead of butter mints(at least I think that's what they were). This one turned out much better! 

House number one - before the roof collapsed and destroyed it!
House number two. The completed project!
My gummy bear family is getting their picture taken by the yellow gummy bear photographer.

Roof number two--blue M&Ms!
I attempted a chimney, but it's not too great...
And here you have it. Victoria's first ever gingerbread...graham cracker house! 

*insert applause*

More important than achieving another "first'', was the blessing of being able to spend time with one of my best friends(ok...and Ethan too! haha). I was thinking about how in high school, I was always so concerned about keeping my friends forever. But now, the majority of the people I spent my high school years with, I rarely talk to anymore. Funny...I remember my parents telling me that. :) However, those 4 girls I call my best friends....I've never ever even worried about losing them. I just knew they would always be there, no matter what. No matter where we are in the country, or world, we're still friends. Yeah, we've all had our ups and our downs, we've gone through drama and the whole high school scene, but ultimately, we've grown in Christ together. We've experienced things together and we've always been there to encourage and listen to each other. And who could forget sharing millions of laughs!
  I am so blessed with amazing best friends and I'm looking forward to seeing just where God takes us and what He'll accomplish through us! 

Before I say Adios....last night was topped off with a very special event.......




MY First cup of Egg Nog this Christmas season!!!!!!!! Gotta love this time of year! 

God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment