Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Thoughts

For alot of us, today the love handles are complaining about all the delicious food we enjoyed yesterday. And for some of us, the thanksgiving meals aren't done yet! Note: It's good to have a small family! :)
    I'm going to be honest and say that I didn't feel so thankful on Thanksgiving this year. I did get to sleep in and when I walked out to the kitchen I saw it! A HUGE PAN OF BAKED OATMEAL! I screamed...it's been a couple months since that lovely stuff has graced my plate! Oh was it good! :)
   I really didn't do all that much while waiting the 6+ hours to eat. I played my guitar for a while, which I've realized I've been doing every spare moment I have. It was nice to have the whole family home and I can say that this week we actually sat down for 3 family meals! Wow that's a record! Rarely are we all home to eat together! 
   This year we went all the way over to Cove Valley Camp to eat our Thanksgiving meal with the Eshleman Family. It's been a while since all 14 of us had a meal together! Believe me, it was one loud meal! hahaha! Dad and Allen both mentioned how nice it was for Steph and myself to be there, because apparently it's quiet without us! Now really??? Imagine that?! :P 
  After supper we played apples to apples and hung out. The boys left for a friend's house where they had a sleep over and were getting up really early to go black friday shopping? Since when does Britt wanna go black friday shopping??? haha! I missed playing apples to apples with them!!!! Especially Josiah! I know, I know, it's a sad thing to play favorites, but to be honest, I miss Josiah the most whenever I'm not at home!!
 We finished the night by watching a really old Jimmy Stewart movie called Harvey. 

I just wanted to go to bed so bad. I didn't feel like this was what thanksgiving should be like. And going to bed, I had the hardest time as I thought through everything. WHY! What was wrong?! I don't really know when exactly it came to me....sometime while I was asleep...but the answer came.
We're going through transitions in our families. This might very well be the last time all of our families are together for thanksgiving. That thought makes me want to cry. I will always try to be home for Thanksgiving with the Eshleman family!
As we grow up and move on with life, we need to be thankful for the moments we have together, because you never know where you'll be next year. And once dating comes into the picture it's really not the same at all! Then you get married and have your own family and in-laws and all sorts of thankgiving stuff. Oh joy. 
For me, being someone that likes to have things different and enjoys the adventure in life. I have found out how hard it is for me to let go of things and embrace NEW adventures in life as I grow into who God wants me to be, even if it means feeling slightly left out at family get-togethers, because I'm still single(and I'm thankful for that!), or not having anyone to hang out with over the holidays, because they all have a ton of things to do and I don't. It's ok to be alone, because I am NEVER alone. God is always there and as I find things to do by myself, I'm realizing that I get to share that time with God instead of people.

And on the other side of things, I'm just in a manic anxious state waiting for Whitetail to open so I can go snowboarding. Then I won't care about hanging out with anyone, unless we're on the slopes together! haha! :D



God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment