Saturday, September 11, 2010

19 years and counting


Happy 19th Birthday to me! Haha. Once I hit 16, birthdays really weren’t all that amazing anymore, except for the money that comes in the mail and who could forget the ice cream! :) It’s really just another day, the one that makes me a year older. Of course I do love using it as an excuse to not do chores and eat cookies for breakfast. And the cookies were amazing….but mom still made me do chores.  :(
    I decided this year that my birthday would be a ‘day of reflection’. And not where I stand in front of the mirror and wonder whatever happened to my cute little kid face and big brown eyes. Haha, but a day where I reflect on what has changed in the past 365 days and what the biggest thing that sticks out of the year I was 18.

Those 365 days being 18 had tons of “firsts’ for me. I think I’ll just make a list of some of them(because I’m sure I wont get them all)….
 First time:
Eating Tomato soup
Working 3 jobs
Going off jumps on a snowboard 
Getting prophesied over
Taking a road trip by myself
Going to Geneva College
Driving the turnpike
Playing the game Settlers
Touring Pittsburgh
Eating cheesecake from the cheesecake factory
Sharing parts of my testimony in front of more than 5 people
Being a counselor for Winter Retreat
Ripping my pants while doing a cartwheel
Off-roading
Midnight bowling
I played my guitar on a worship team
I danced in a church.
I had Mint Moose Tracks ice cream
I went to Penn State and the Creamery!
Creation Fest 2010!!!!
Time at 6Flags
Roller coaster ride
Time eating at Chick-Fil-A
Dumpster diving
Swing dancing
riding/driving a dirtbike
…..and there are more….

I also liked not having to ASK mom if I could spend the night or if friends could spend the night, I just sorta told her and went. And there's Steph and me who would hang out and come sneaking into the house at odd hours of the night and spend the night, just because we could. Gotta love my best friend. ♥
I'm glad I decided not to go to college right out of High School. It gave me the opportunity to grow alot in my relationship with Christ and go places and do things I wouldn't have been able to if I had college. It almost seems weird that one year ago I didn't know half the things I know now. I didn't even know my friend Winnie a year ago and she was/is such a blessing to my life!! I've become more bold about my faith, and less afraid to talk about it. I've pushed myself out of my comfort zone and continue to do so. I've realized I am making a bigger difference than I will ever know. I've lost my space bubble and love to give people hugs. I don't care so much what people think about me and am becoming more content with the weird person God made me. haha. :)

So much can change in 365 days! So what's next? How will I change in the next 365 days? What are God's plans for me?!?!?!

I leave you with this verse: "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and steams in the wasteland." -Isaiah 43:18,19









No comments:

Post a Comment