Monday, March 28, 2011

Sometimes Titles are Useless.

It's the beginning of a new week in the life of  Victoria. Everybody cheer! 

Last week, like I mentioned, I had the opportunity to help out with the Outrageous Love Conference in Hagerstown, Md. In one word it was AMAZING! Coming out of such a spiritual high I have to remind myself to get into the Word of God myself and not expect to be fed everyday....3 times a day...by the speakers.
The title - Outrageous Love - pretty much explains itself. God's love for us is completely Outrageous! And we are called to show his Outrageous Love to the world! 

The time we spent worshiping God was outrageous too! My legs are still sore from jumping and dancing all around, but it was totally worth it! This is where the main idea for this post came from:

Yesterday during worship, we were singing a newer song called Dove's Eyes. The chorus goes like this:
I love your face
I love your kisses
I love your embrace
I love your presence

 Right in the middle, Shaun(the worship leader) stopped the song and said "You know, we sing this song to God, but why don't we let Him sing it back to us?" It was such a beautiful moment for me as I let the revelation that God loves my face, my kisses, my embrace....my presence....sink in.


Wow.

We're always singing and telling God how amazing He is, which is the total truth! God is beyond human imagination! He is totally otherwise. But we walk through life not realizing how much He loves and adores us.  He created us. How can you not think that he loves you?! 

As I was letting God sing back to me, I thought I would write it down...



Victoria,
I love your face
I love your kisses
I love your embrace
I love your presence

I love when you smile at me
I love when  you worship me
I love when you're quiet and enjoy my presence

I miss you when you're too busy to take time for me
I miss making you smile at the little things, because you're so concentrated on the big things
I miss the way you make me feel when you're standing in my presence

All I ask for is time with you.

I love you. 
♥God



Now it's your turn. Place your name there instead of mine. Then take a few moments in your busy schedule and spend it in the presence of the One who created you to worship Him. 

That's my challenge to you. And my challenge to myself.

God Bless
Dios te Bendiga







No comments:

Post a Comment