Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Laptops Can be a great thing...

Greetings Friends!


Right now...this very moment, I'm sitting in a conference room in Hagerstown, Pa after typing up a million worship songs on Power Point for Brian Lake's Outrageous Love Conference. It's been a hectic day getting everything ready, packing up all my clothes, getting my car and getting ready to leave. Between my brother, Josiah, and myself- we are tech teaming, helping with video, sound, and all the odds and ends. I was so excited for this opportunity and I have a feeling it may just be the beginning. 


Getting my car...I'm sure you were probably thinking "Well didn't she just get it from the shop a couple weeks ago?"


Wellllllllll....dear Riley started making a weird noise. Kinda like an old man trying to get out of bed in the morning with creaky joints. Dad said it could be something with the power steering pump or torque converter in the transmission. With a slightly heavy heart, I brought him back to the shop. Jeff, our mechanic, said he would look at it right away. Less than five minute later he walks back inside and asked "Do you put power steering fluid in it?" I replied that I don't know where it goes(haha...I still have some to learn about under the hood). He wanted to know why dad hadn't put any in..and preceded to tell me that all that was wrong was I needed power steering fluid. And a couple small tweaks. PRAISE GOD!!!


Today when we went to pick it up, mom wanted to check to make sure the bill for replacing my engine was correct. It said I owed a little over $100 on it, which was just the taxes. My mom was convinced that there was a mistake. I on the other hand, have been believing God for a miracle. He gave me an engine with 39,000 miles and I knew he could pay for it too. :)
Sure enough- I didn't owe anything extra!!! Just the taxes which ended up being a little over $100!!! I wasn't worried whatsoever...cause the God I serve is a God of miracles! We also checked my overall balance(We found out in Nov. that I didn't pay one of my car bills and owed over $800). AGAIN God is proved gracious in that I have less than $400 to go!! My goal is to have it all paid off by the summer. That way if I go on any short or long term ministry/missions trips that I will not have any debt in the states. 


It's been so cool to see God continually provide for my every need. The more he does, the more I am amazed at His glory. And as I keep surrendering things to him, he showers me with more love. I may not know where God's gonna lead me or what my future holds, but I know the One who holds my future! :)


I hope in someway, this has encouraged you to trust the God that holds your future. He will never leave you, nor forsake you. 


Well...church is starting...and I don't wanna miss it.


God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment