Thursday, March 3, 2011

7 weeks. 4 days.

  Thursday evening, I walked into the house after work. Dad calls my name from where he was sitting at the kitchen table and says "Come have  a seat." 
NOT a good situation. I knew that. Because Dad only tells us that when we're in trouble or it's something really serious. I racked my brain as I walked the ten feet from the front door to the table. What have I done now? What else could be wrong? 

I'll back up a few minutes to my ride home from Chambersburg with Stephanie. We were talking about rising gas prices and job situations etc. It made me a little stressed.

I sit down and immediately ask "What's wrong?"

He says: "Its about your car."

I seriously almost cried. What else did they find wrong with it? Is it even worth the money we're putting in it?  I prepared myself for the worst and said "Ok Dad just tell me straight."


"Well I have good news and bad news." he said. "The good news is that your headlights are ready to go. The bad news...........

"DAD! JUST TELL ME ALREADY!!!" 


"Well the bad news is that Jeff test drove your car and the engine works fine. You can pick it up tomorrow."


I probably sounded like a deflating balloon when he said that! The time had finally come. 


Friday morning, February 25, 7 weeks and 4 days since I last sat in the drivers seat of Riley, my 2001 VW Golf, I unlocked the door and started the new engine. Oh the sound was so heavenly. Freedom awaited me as I touched my foot to the accelerator. Ok, maybe not too much freedom...my mom was with me! haha! 


While I am very very thankful to have my car back, it seemed like almost immediately I had 5000 things to do and places to go. And of course sibling taxi service. 


All the while however, I look at this as a miracle. God provided so much while I was without a car, and I'm still watching him provide the money somehow for the expense of it all. I just can't help but stand in complete awe of the One who is my provider! :)


And my God will supply all your needs according to his riches and glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19


May God Bless you today and everyday!



No comments:

Post a Comment