Saturday, March 12, 2011

Desserts truly are my weakness

What a beautiful morning! My reasons: it's not raining! 

I've had the opportunity since my 2nd family is in Africa at the moment to spend time with some different people. Mainly the Horst sisters: Rachel and Hannah. I guess I just can't get away from Hannah's. :) Tuesday night we even had a Dominican style meal: Rice and beans. We even tried our hand at frying some plantains. Fresh(sorta) mangoes, and who could forget-Dominican coffee.
It was nice to chill and just catch up on each other's lives since we've been back in the States.


Plantaines


Wednesday I started the Daniel Fast for Lent this year, along with a couple other people. Blueberry cheesecake for dessert was NOT a good way to start off my fast. You know how hard it is to watch 6 people eat it when all you can do is imagine what it tastes like! But I am looking forward to what God does in my life in the next couple weeks! 





In other exciting news:::::::: drum-roll please::::::::

Today I will finish a movie! Next week....it'll be on it's way to a small town in the Dominican Republic to be watched by a certain church family.  I'm pretty excited about this!! 
When we got back from the DR and were bombarded with freezing cold weather for weeks....I kept thinking of what the people in the DR would think or how they would react if they came to PA in the winter! So I decided to give them a personal look at some of the things we do in the winter here, along with a slideshow of our trip. I got pictures and videos of things like snowmen and sledding and between Josiah, Sara VK and myself, a pretty decent amount of snowboarding footage. And who could forget Connect 4 and some Rummikub. This week was crunch time, because there is a group going to Los Toros from a local school over spring break and the movie needed to be done to send with them. I spent countless hours cemented in front of the computer making cuts and fitting everything together. Believe me...I am glad it's finished!!!

I would put it on here, but I don't know if blogger supports a 30minute movie file. :)



I hope  you all had a great week too!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment