Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's 11:11-pray for revival!



11/11/10
What a day!
It started out much earlier than I like. 5am I rolled out of bed and into the shower. To be honest, when I went to sleep last night I didn't want to wake up this morning and drive an hour to visit my friend Laura at GSSM in Mechanicsbug, but I had the day off and I knew I would enjoy it.
That sick to my stomach with fear feeling was the devil trying to discourage me, because God had so much in store for me today!
I got there only 5 minutes late. Not even late enough to miss worship!! This week the students at GSSM were learning how to use the Arts in ministry, a topic of great interest to me as well, which was one of the main reasons I wanted to go up this week. :)
Totally amazing!! It was one of those "you had to be there" things. But I'll try to explain anyway.
First off, I love worship. Hands down. Worship is a passion! And I love worship time. I wish it could go longer some days. :)
My favorite part of the 'school day' was breaking up and going to different 'stations' where they focused on a specific "art".  Dance, song, and digital art were among the ones Laura and I took part of. We got to create a dance, sing songs and learn some cool ways to use media to minister to others. I think I found the digital media one most interesting, and wish I could have spent more time on it. Being a 'tech savvy' person and living in a 'tech savvy' generation, media and technology can be a great way to minister and share God's love with others. They even touched on photography and photoshop which I was soo excited about! Two other passions of mine! :)
We had a break then we got to share what we learned in the workshops. Laura and I even got to dance on stage and teach the rest of the students our dance! That was so amazing for me, because I've been to GSSM many times already, and to be able to be looked upon as equal with the students and interact and share my passions with them, on stage and over the internet....dude it was cool!

Today was a total "God moment" type day. And it lined up so much with alot of things I've been thinking about recently. Looking back, I think the biggest thing God showed me today is that he's given me gifts and tons of creativity to use for His glory, now it's my turn to be creative and use them to change the world! :)

When school was over, we ate at the lovely McDonalds. First time I've had fast food in weeks! Trina and Andrew came with Laura and I and enjoyed some chill time....if you can chill at McDonalds that is?? We decided to go into Harrisburg and walk around City Island, because I had never been there. Wow...talk about fun!!! It was such a beautiful day! I jumped up on so many benches and sang at the top of my lungs "it's a beaaaaaaaaaauuuutttiiiifffulllll ddddaayyy!" The trash cans were painted with designs too:
The sun was shining and I didn't need a jacket and the wind was blowing and I just loved every minute of it! Seriously! I felt so alive and so full of energy and joy! :)
We even got to pray for some guys who started talking to us. The one..his girlfriend had breast cancer and was really depressed and stuff so we prayed for her too! For me, this was a huggeee stretch out of my comfort zone, but I think I might like it...?? I defiently felt awkward, but this is good.

When Laura and I got back to the apartment, we decided....lets highlight her hair. Blonde. OHHH this was fun! Poor Laura ended the process with a huge bleach blonde streak in the middle of her bangs. We left the color in too long! haha! So in the midst of laughing our heads off, we decided- run to CVS and find a new color! Currently we are waiting for it to set. I have confidence that it will be a good color however.

Today has been a great day. I'm kinda sad for it to end, but at the same time....I'm looking forward to the future of seeing how I can use my gifts creatively to serve God. We shall see where my adventures take me next...

God Bless.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment