Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Laughing is good. And adventures at Pap and Grandmas are even better!



Sometimes we just need to be crazy. For me, this usually has to happen AT LEAST once a week or else I start to get depressed almost. haha! :)
I love doing random fun thing and when a trip to Pap and Grandma's comes along....you never know WHAT you'll get into! 


Pap and Grandma. My grandparents of no blood relation, (but just as close to my heart as family) live in the beautiful Fulton County Pennsylvania. In the sticks! They have pretty much any farm type animal imaginable, except a cow and horse.
Saturday morning, I found some work clothes...and headed over to help 'Uncle Robin', 'Aunt Linda' and the Brant family cut and stack wood for Pap and Grandma. There is NEVER a dull moment with this family and I'm so grateful for all they have done for me!
Lunch. Glorious lunch! Grandma always has a ton of food for us to enjoy and I finally got to eat her slippery ham pot pie!!!! DELICIOUS! But I will not rave about the food.
After lunch we had 2 loads of wood to finish, then clean up the saw dust and we could 'play'.
I found a sled and thought it was a perfect time to try it out on the hill....
 Didn't work too well. I guess we'll have to wait for actually snow! We went to the barnyard where we petted and fed Jenny the donkey. The nicest donkey I know...until you try to ride on her. :)
Pap has lots of sheep and goats as well. Natalie decided that she would like to pet/hug a sheep. The next half hour was quite humorous as we ran around chasing the sheep, trying to catch one to hug. 


At last we succeeded! The sheep apparently give up if you grab their tails then their neck. It worked for Chevy anyway...he even picked one up. 

With one crazed adventure over, we headed back to the house to eat pie. BUT WAIT...the goats! We wanted to feed the goats too. Pap told us we would have to climb over the gate, because the goats would run out otherwise. Being the impressively graceful and balanced person that I am, I leaped onto the gate, attempting to get a foothold in the chickenwire......didn't work too well.....

Yep. Victoria flipped over and got stuck like this. Below my head/hands was a pile of goat crap...to which I didn't want to fall into! In the midst of laughing really really really hard at the situation, and unaided by my friends who were also laughing really really really hard, I managed to roll back up and swing my legs over the gate to straddle in...then jumped into the pen. 

The goats are so cute! Toy was even there...although much much bigger than when I held him at 2 days old in June. The goats were much easter to feed and hold than the sheep.


I'm not sure if this is Toy or his sibling
Saturday was an epic day. I can't help but sitting back and saying "Thank you God for making life fun and full of new adventures everyday!"

May your week be filled with adventure!
God Bless



Photo credit goes to Hannah Brant of Rejoice Photography





No comments:

Post a Comment