Friday, October 7, 2011

Remembering the Warmth of Summer

   October is upon us and my nose is cold. I've spent the morning going through pictures for our family's Christmas card. So many summer memories I've had! And  being the slacker I am, I did not share even one quarter of my adventures with the internet world. Thus I will share with you some of my favorite pictures from my favorite times during the summer of 2011....


Summer Camp at Cove Valley camp started off with a scream and a squeak! There was a mouse in the girls cabin during Staff Orientation week. Some of us spent the first night holding out in the bathroom, where the nest was, in order to catch this mouse. Stephanie Burt named him Walter, but alas we could not catch him. Yes, we are using an Apples to Apples box cover. It brought for tons of laughs though and Walter made it almost the whole summer, until one of the male staff members killed him. RIP. Walter.

Baseball. Baseball.....more Baseball. Yes, baseball is a major part of my summer. This year, I tried to make as many games as I could to support....but  more so...to take pictures of the games. Here are JUST A FEW of my favorite Baseball pictures.....

Mercersburg Colt Team

Britt(18) pitching for St. Thomas Legion
the up and coming baseball star
One of Josiah's teammates at bat


In between when we HAD to do things....there developed a 'club' so to speak. We called it the "no life'' club. This resulted in thrift store shopping one random day in Waynesboro....and purchasing water guns from the Dollar General which ended up in a huge water pistol battle through the streets of the town......


In July, Josiah had a baseball tournament by the beach!!!!! Once I knew about this tournament, I made sure I had the whole weekend blocked out, because I love the beach and it's been 5 years since I've played in the waves. We brought our friend AJ too, since he and I needed to be at Cove Valley Camp Sunday at 2pm. For the record it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive from Rehoboth Beach to my house driving 85mph average with two 10 minute stops. But it was totally worth it. 
 My aunt and uncle have a house by the beach that we got to stay in. It was great playing in the water! Rochelle wouldn't get in for a long time and I asked her why. She said "The last time I was at the beach, I was too little to get in the water." Once she got in, she loved it! I forgot how much sand gets in your swim suit at the beach! Sheesh, I probably had enough to fill a sand box!!

Well, I need to get back to business. I'm designing our family's christmas card and I gotta get this finished so I'm not last minute. 

God Bless! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment